Top Talent Staffing is pleased to partner with our client in their search for a Property Accountant.
The Property Accountant supports the Accounting Team in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department.
- Prepare financial statements, projections and year-end files, including accrual entries, cash flows and accompanying notes, as required.
- Monitor general ledger accounts for reasonableness and compliance with adopted accounting standard and prepares necessary entries.
- Prepare accruals for operating & prepaid expenses, depreciation and amortization including tenant improvements.
- Review recurring journal entries on a reporting basis for accrual, prepaid compliance with agreements and update continuity schedules for deferred R&M; post journal entries and file appropriately.
- Calculate amortization of PP&E, with a full understanding of different methods to accomplish this.
- Prepare entries for mortgage payments and TIPPS.
- Complete GST returns and relevant accounting entries in accordance with prescribed regulations and deadlines, as set out by Revenue Canada.
- Prepare management fee adjustments on a reporting basis or per Client exception.
- Provide information to third-party consultants retained for the completion of appraisals, audits & financing.
- Regularly review and communicate with property administration to verify accuracy of financial data within the financial management system.
- In collaboration with property administration, compile financial data for annual operating budget preparation according to a standard budget template and Client exceptions, including cash flows and balance sheet items such as prepaid expenses, depreciation, lease-ups, and amortization.
- Respond to financial management requests, analyze and report financial information.
- Enter recovery accrual adjustments quarterly based on information supplied by property administrators; assist property administration as requested with calculating year-end recoveries and adjustments.
- Review A/P generated within the assigned portfolio for accuracy, proper coding, holdback compliance and appropriate back up; verify coding slip to indicate that A/P is complete for payment.
- Review bank balance and release A/P weekly; maintain regular open communication with A/P Clerk on cheque runs.
- Prepare cash distributions/calls in accordance with the applicable management agreement(s).
- Reconcile bank accounts and clear cheques.
- University degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce or Business is an asset.
- 1-2 years related accounting experience.
- Energetic and friendly with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability and the drive to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Word and Excel.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your resume to:
Top Talent Staffing Inc.
Please note that only those being considered for the position will be contacted.