Top Talent Staffing is pleased to partner with our client in their search for an Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the building operations and efficiencies of managed sites. They will directly supervise a team of Supervisors, Building Operators, Maintenance Operators as well as contractors when onsite
- Ensure that all programs related to the overall operation of the portfolio are implemented in a timely efficient manner by regularly reviewing the execution of areas such as, preventative maintenance, water treatment, energy management, environmental management, waste management, landscaping, pest control, property security, snow removal, parking lot/deck, roof maintenance and general building rehabilitation, life safety systems, cleaning operations, tenant coordination, and Health & Safety, to ensure cost-effective facility management in compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Manage operational expenses on a monthly basis by reviewing actual performance against budget, approving all purchase orders and invoices and conducting a monthly variance analysis to determine reasons for variance and find methods to address the situation in order to ensure expenditures remain within prescribed budgets.
- Develop the annual operating budget in conjunction with the Senior Property Administrator for all categories of expense and recovery by conducting thorough studies of all contracts, previous budgets, repairs and upgrades and by controlling expenses versus revenues in order to maintain the first-class center and to stay competitive within the market.
- Actively manage and participate in RFPs, tenders, bids and contract negotiations with multiple service providers (e.g. waste management, snow removal, cleaning, etc.).
- Create and maintain long-term capital expenditure plans.
- Ensure maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, life safety and security systems in compliance with Building Codes and manufacturers recommendations to ensure systems remain at the optimum level of operation.
- Facilitate and coordinate on-going, open communications with tenants by attending various meetings as required by the tenants to understand and address their operational concerns in order to ensure their needs are being met and the organization’s assets are maintained appropriately.
- Respond to after-hours emergency calls by going to the site and taking the necessary actions required to ensure all emergency procedures are followed and the security of personnel and the property is maintained.
- Ensure necessary safety precautions and policies are followed in line with applicable laws and company policies.
- Develop, maintain, and track preventative maintenance and initiatives to ensure timely inspections and repairs to common areas, existing building systems and equipment.
- Coordinate and support tenant coordination projects in conjunction with the Tendered contractor. This includes, but is not limited to, cost estimating of all work responsible by the landlord, discussions with local building consultants and site inspections during the construction process.
- Foster relationships with tenants, general contractors, and third-party vendors.
- Motivate, direct and evaluate all direct reports through regular formal and informal discussions, including annual evaluations and goal setting sessions, to enhance employee job satisfaction, foster employment stability, and to maximize productivity.
- Review work completed by the team and provide guidance when necessary.
- ABSA certified 4th class Power Engineer
- Building Environmental Systems diploma an asset
- BOMA Real Property Administrator and/or Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) considered an Asset
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a Building Operator, Supervisor, Operations or similar role
- Minimum 3 years supervisory/management experience
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your resume to:
Top Talent Staffing Inc.
Please note that only those being considered for the position will be contacted.