Top Talent Staffing is pleased to partner with our client in their search for an Operational Accountant.
The Operational Accountant is responsible for maintaining the records and reporting requirements for new and potential construction projects. This position also assists in the financial underwriting of debt financing, analyzing financial statements and development of budgets and variance reporting for construction projects.
- Prepare and reconcile cash flow reports to determine surplus funds available
- Conduct analysis to determine operational variances from budget amounts
- Review and approve accounts payable vouchers to ensure proper coding
- Manage letter of credit and inquire about progress in weekly development meetings
- Monitor bank accounts for projects
- Preparation of GST reconciliations
- Develop budgets and analysis for new or potential construction projects for management
- Assist in preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Update job cost schedules, budgets and variance reports for projects under construction
- Update job cost to general ledger reconciliation to ensure that they are in balance
- Assist in market research and completion of financial underwriting for financing
- Work with project team in compiling job costs for construction draws on debt financing
- Update spreadsheets such as mortgage due on maturity / corporate guarantee spreadsheet
- Monthly calculations and generation of invoicing for management
- Process monthly journal entries
- Manage and maintain GL and monthly reporting on all projects
- Update lawyer trust, deposit accounts to ensure they reconcile to general ledger
- Assist in approval and management of corporate financials
- Maintain and update sale summary spreadsheets for projects
- Reconcile partner equity accounts
- Collaborate with external partners
- Manage vendor take back loans
- Compile annual budgets on projects
- Provide additional information to external partners
- University degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce
- Completion of CPA Accounting designation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your resume to:
Top Talent Staffing Inc.
Please note that only those being considered for the position will be contacted.