Top Talent Staffing is pleased to partner with our client in their search for Controller.
The Controller is responsible for continuous improvement in the accounting function by preparing financial statements and interpreting financial information to make recommendations to drive performance. The Controller will also be responsible for providing assistance, guidance, and leadership to other staff members of the Accounting team.
- Supervises general accounting functions for AP, AR, cash application, and oversees the Payroll Process
- Prepares and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounts
- Produces and analyzes year-end financial accounts; liaises with the company’s auditors
- Maintains all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with: IFRS and other regulatory requirements, income, and other tax and audit requirements
- Reviews, updates, and implements existing internal accounting systems and introduces new systems and controls where appropriate
- Monitors all company expenditure and where appropriate makes recommendations to the team
- Maintains the General Ledger; setting up new accounts and cost centers when required; ensuring reconciliation of control accounts; ensuring correct allocation of expenditure to cost centers
- Prepares daily cash flow reports and manages the monthly/quarterly/annual close process
- Ensures compliance with credit agreements
- Manages and reviews other Canadian tax remittances including GST, HST, PST and other returns as required
- Reviews receivables aging and payables aging and prepares related analysis. Follow up on older outstanding invoices
- Preparation of monthly consolidated statements
- Assists with hiring department staff and provides training
- Supervises staff, providing coaching and performance development as needed
- Communicates and gathers information from the Accounting Department
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business/Accounting
- Completion of CA Accounting designation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior accounting role
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and Canadian GAAP and financial reporting requirements
- Experience working for a financial service and/or real estate will be considered an asset
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your resume to:
Top Talent Staffing Inc.
Please note that only those being considered for the position will be contacted.