Top Talent Staffing is pleased to partner with our client in their search for a Construction Estimator.
The Construction Estimator is responsible for preparing and coordinating complete estimates for tenders.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost-effectiveness of projects to be bid
- Perform Risk and Contract Management responsibilities as required
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Consult with clients, vendors and other stakeholders to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve ant potential issues
- Review design options and recommend the best solution based on cost, engineering quality or availability of materials
- Review the list of work to be performed by subcontractors
- Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors where necessary
- Monitor client changes and advises the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned
- Advise on major changes in the scope of work and monitor actual cost to estimated cost
- Prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine the cost-effectiveness of projects to be bid
- 5+ years estimating experience in commercial and/or multi-family projects including wood frame and concrete high rise.
- Technical knowledge and experience bidding projects in Canada
- Education in construction management, estimating, or engineering
- Experience with estimating software
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your resume to:
Top Talent Staffing Inc.
Please note that only those being considered for the position will be contacted.